Chena-Goldstream Fire & Rescue is seeking an individual with Fire and EMS experience, at the Company Officer’s level, to serve as a Shift Officer with other assigned responsibilities. (See packet for more information). We are looking for career minded individuals with a potential long-term commitment to our department. Salary range of $55,000-$65,000 and rank of Lieutenant or Captain is dependent on experience. Compensation includes a generous benefits package with employer paid medical and retirement. Reimbursement for moving expenses up to $10,000 (with receipts) is available.
In this role, you have the opportunity to showcase your leadership skills, as this position will be focused heavily on: building collaborative, positive relationships and mentoring staff, volunteers and students; recognition and leadership building; fire service leadership; and emergency medical services.
Before applying, please review the full application packet located at www.cgfr.com that includes the Position Description and Employment Application. The following documents must be received via firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to Chena-Goldstream Fire & Rescue, Station 42 no later than close of business day on September 16th, 2021
1. Completed Application.
3. Copies of all current certifications required.
- State of Alaska or IFSAC Firefighter II
- State of Alaska EMT III or AK-AEMT (Paramedic Training Preferred)
- IFSAC or State of Alaska Fire Service Instructor I
- IFSAC or Alaska Fire Officer I
- Hazardous Materials Operations certificate
- I-100, I-200, I-700, I-800 certificates
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License
- Any other certifications pertinent to the position
4. Copy of Driving Record.
5. Copy of Criminal History Record.
An assessment center is tentatively scheduled for the week of September 27, 2021. Should you be chosen for an interview, the following events will take place;
- Candidate is interviewed.
- Candidate will instruct a ten (10) minute class on a topic that is in the State of Alaska. Firefighter 1 curriculum. Please use PowerPoint to accompany your presentation.
- Candidate will demonstrate skills as an Incident Commander on multiple Type 5 emergencies.
- Candidate will demonstrate EMS skills in a simulated medical or trauma scenario.
- Candidate will write up a fire report on a specified incident.
- Candidate will be administered a 100 question, multiple choice, written exam which will touch on general knowledge areas of FF1& II, Field Hydraulics, EMT I, II, III, Hazmat Ops and Leadership.
- Candidate will be required to pass the department physical agility test.
The final results will be reviewed by the Fire Chief.
Employment offer for the Shift Officer positions will be contingent upon passing a drug test, physician physical and background check.
Position is open until filled with a first review date of September 17, 2021.