Job Title: Assistant Fire Chief - Ketchikan, Alaska
The Ketchikan Fire Department is seeking a highly qualified and experienced individual to serve as Assistant Fire Chief. As the Assistant Fire Chief, you will work closely with the Fire Chief to manage all aspects of our fire department and ensure the safety of our community.
- Assist the Fire Chief in managing daily operations of the fire department, including emergency response, training, and equipment maintenance.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures that promote safety and efficiency.
- Manage and lead a team of firefighters, providing guidance, support, and mentorship.
- Work with other local agencies and departments to coordinate emergency response efforts.
- Conduct fire inspections and investigations to identify potential hazards and risks.
- Assist in the preparation and management of the department budget.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate's or Bachelor's degree in fire science, emergency management, or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in fire service, with a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Possess or be able to obtain Alaska Firefighter I and II certification within 6 months of hire.
- Possess a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Strong communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, fast-paced environment.
If you are passionate about serving the community and have the necessary qualifications and experience, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.