JOB TITLE: 24 Hour Firefighter
SALARY: $54,266.00 plus DOE
OPENING DATE; April 8, 2021
CLOSING DATE: April 23, 2021
This is a non-exempt position reporting directly to the Shift Officer. The position responds to fire, EMS, rescue, and hazardous materials emergencies in addition to performing daily fire department business and maintenance activities as assigned. The position requires attendance at all assigned training classes and assists with instruction as directed. This position requires certification to drive/operate all department, emergency apparatus within six months and become certified as a State of Alaska EMT III within one year of date of hire. The position calls for working 48/96-hour shifts on a rotating schedule.
Applications can be found online at www.northstarfire.org or may be picked up in person at North Star Station 31, 2358 Bradway Road, North Pole, Alaska.
1. One-year verifiable experience with a volunteer or paid department
2. State of Alaska Firefighter I or the ability to transfer an IFSAC / PRO BOARD Firefighter certificate within 60 days of hire.
3. Valid State of Alaska EMT-I or NREMT-B with the ability to transfer to Alaska within 60 days of hire.
4. ICS 100, 200, 700, 800
5. Valid license with the ability to obtain an Alaska Driver’s License within 90 days.
6. High School Diploma or equivalent
7. Ability to pass a nationwide background check.
8. Ability to pass the NSVFD Physical Ability Test
9. Ability to pass an NFPA 1582 compliant physical examination after conditional offer of employment.10. Ability to pass a comprehensive drug panel screening after conditional offer of employment.