The Municipality of Skagway is accepting applications for seasonal Emergency Responders. This position is not eligible for benefits.
WAGE RANGE: Grade 14, Step One-Entry level wage - $24.25 per hour
SHIFT SCHEDULE: 48 hours based on 2, 24 hour back to back shifts. Ex: Friday-Saturday or Saturday-Sunday or Sunday-Monday as assigned.
DUTIES: This position works under the direction of the Fire Chief and provides emergency medical, fire and search and rescue services.
- Respond as part of a team to Emergency calls.
- Prepare the necessary EMS documentation for billing purposes.
- Prepare and submit National Fire Incident Reports to the state.
- Maintain with detail and accuracy department records and documentations.
- Assists department officers and volunteers in developing volunteer training materials and programs as needed.
- Comply with department rules and regulation regarding confidentiality.
- Performs facility maintenance and repairs as directed.
- Performs regular inspections, tests, maintenance and repairs of small equipment, power and hand tools as directed.
- Review volunteer gear forms ensuring completeness, accuracy, and currency.
- Checks in gear/inventory for seasonal departures.
- Cleans all gear being checked back into rotation and return to service.
- Contact for ineffective pager/gear and reissuance of equipment.
- Performs fire safety inspections, as directed.
- Performs hydrant inspections as directed.
- Issues burn permits and performs inspections as directed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School graduate.
- Current Alaska EMT-1 or National Registry EMT.
- Must possess a valid Alaska driver’s license.
- Administrative skills, including using office equipment, such as computers, etc.
- Intermediate computer experience with programs such as MS Office, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong Communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to work effectively with the public.
· Able to lift 50 lbs.
This is not the entire job description
Applicants must submit a completed employment application form to the borough office at the address above or at City Hall, 700 Spring St. in Skagway, AK no later than 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 7, 2020. Contact the borough office by email at email@example.com for the full job description or further information. The Skagway employment application is also available on the Municipality website, www.skagway.org. The Municipality of Skagway is an equal opportunity employer.