Chena-Goldstream Fire & Rescue is seeking an individual with Fire and EMS experience, at the Company Officer’s level, to serve as a Shift Officer with responsibilities as a Maintenance and Facilities Coordinator. This position will oversee the maintenance program and scheduling of all department apparatus and vehicles as well as any maintenance needed on any department buildings. A career minded individual with a long term commitment to our department is preferred. Salary is $55,000-$65,000 DOE with a benefits package and reimbursement for moving expenses up to $10,000 (with receipts). In this role, you have the opportunity to showcase your leadership skills, as this position will be focused heavily on: building collaborative, positive relationships and mentoring staff, volunteers and students; recognition and leadership building; fire service leadership; and emergency medical services. Before applying, please review the full application packet located at www.cgfr.com that includes the Position Description and Employment Application. The following documents must be received via email@example.com or delivered to Chena-Goldstream Fire & Rescue, Station 42:
- Completed Application.
- Copies of all current certifications required
- State of Alaska or IFSAC Firefighter II
- State of Alaska EMT III (Paramedic Training Preferred)
- Hazardous Materials Operations certificate
- I-100, I-200, I-700, I-800 certificates
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License
- Any other certifications pertinent to the position
- Copy of Driving Record.
- Copy of Criminal History Record.
Should you be chosen for an interview, the following events will take place;
- Candidate is interviewed.
- Candidate will instruct a ten (10) minute class on a topic that is in the State of Alaska. Firefighter 1 curriculum. Please use PowerPoint to accompany your presentation.
- Candidate will demonstrate skills as an Incident Commander on multiple Type 5 emergencies.
- Candidate will demonstrate EMS skills in a simulated medical or trauma scenario.
- Candidate will write up a fire report on a specified incident.
- Candidate will be administered a 50 question, multiple choice, written exam which will touch on general knowledge areas of FF1& II, Field Hydraulics, EMT I, II, III, Hazmat Ops and Leadership.
- Candidate will be required to pass the department physical agility test.
The final results will be reviewed by the Fire Chief. Employment offer for the Shift Officer’s position will be contingent upon passing a drug test, physician physical and background check.
Position is open until filled.
Chena Goldstream Fire & Rescue is an At-Will, Equal Opportunity Employer.